Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ann at Crowe Horwath

by Ann Richardson
(Ann is MPA student at SPEA and had her summer internship at Crowe Horwath and has readily accepted to share her experience with all of us)
As a Government Business Analyst Consultant Intern at Crowe Horwath, LLP, I have the opportunity to work with clients in a wide variety of public agencies to help them determine their needs, define, design, develop, and implement solutions that provide critical value to their organization.  One project I worked on involved a strategic plan and roadmap for a $20 million infrastructure project the State of Indiana is looking to implement.  During the course of the project, I worked with various state officials and analysts from the State’s OMB to develop recommended funding strategies.  
The internship has been an invaluable experience, and the educational knowledge I have gained through SPEA helped me succeed throughout the internship and within Crowe’s organization.  The coursework I studied during my first year at SPEA allowed me to understand how government is like a business, yet with ever-changing restraints and obstacles.  This knowledge allowed me to help the client justify the project based on best public policy practices, and helped me identify funding sources for the infrastructure that are unique to government.  
(Disclaimer: Ann is also the President of SPEA, PFA)

No comments:

Post a Comment